Wednesday 18 August 2010

Say it ain't soooooo......

So I wrote my first post with loads of conviction, thinking about what I was going to do, how I was going to document my battle against the fat cells…etc! How great and inspiring it would all be…….yada yada yaaaaa! So what happened uuuuuurrrrmmmm D-day…actually WI (Weigh-In) day! The day came when I had to weighed myself so I could get a realistic view of how much damage I’d done in I’d say about 3 months- Dec 09 My B’day admittedly I was a lil weightier than usual but not in the realms of an unhealthy BMI!!! I could live with my reflection lol!

Picture the scene Boots, High Street Ken, packed due to the lunch time rush! I step off the scales awaiting my print out nervous to say the least, a few beads of sweat but not an excessive amount and then came the SHOCK ! My vision became slightly blurry as I stared @ a little white crumpled print out that sat happily in my hand with DOUBLE, yup I repeat DOUBLE figures starring right back at me on it……smacking me clean in the face!!!!

Resulting in: Me turning into a rambling crazy telling everyone in my office my shocking news!!! They all looked at me as if I’d just lost it, because if their weight was anywhere near mine…PPPPppppppwwwwaaahhhh they wouldn’t be sharing! lol! I completely understand the uncomfortable stares I received I get it and if I could only locate that screw that I must have lost I’d have probably kept it all to myself ! Oh well what’s done is now done!

Sooooo my last post was in uuuuuuuurrrrrmmmmmm April me thinks as much as you’d have thought the weigh in would have pushed me to do something uuuuummmm no it didn’t I ain’t gonna lie I found loads of excuses to why I should start addressing my eating habits and doing some exercise the following week! Finally I caught sight of a picture taken of myself @ my boobie-Nik Starr’s B’day (Boobie- a term describing close friend, a person you know well and regard with affection and trust).

Then the lady (actually LADY, I think not, bitter hag would be more fitting) who lives across the road from my mum’s, well her mad daughter actually screamed @ me (whilst on one of her devil worshipping rants…yup the whole family is possessed no word of a lie) how F.A.T I am!! Although at the time I found this hilarious due to the fact that at my fattest I could never compete with her daughter in the battle against the bulge. I knew NOW was time for me to address my weight gain!! They do say love blinds, so can you blame devil worshipper I don’t!!! looool!

Another trigger was catching the backend of a look from some chick who I shall not name and shame as I don’t know her to even say hello, she may have violent tendencies and I like my face how it is lol! Anywayz she RECENTLY found weightwatchers…I know catttttttyyyyy…miiiaaaaaaaooowwww but think of what my neighbour said to me, I’m allowed! The look said…DDDDDDDddddaaammmmnnnn tell me you ain’t jealous of me say it....go on, I look good don’t I!!!lol! Admittedly I was shocked at missy's new found leaner figure but no amount of weight loss would help that face!!! OMG stop that Farah u honestly sound like your hating and are a Queen Biiiiiiiaaaaattttccchhh!!!!Not hating I was just bitter hehe!

Anyhoooo.....

My next step was to signed up to weight watchers, on-line of course as I have issues with paying £5 + every week to get weighed! Being weighed in front of loads of strangers does not shame you into wanting to do better next week at all! I think it’d make me eat more lol! Signed up, it was now time to dust off my trainers and my gym clothes and jump on dis ting!!!! I found a cheap boxercise class that charged £3 a session @ the Wornington Adventure Centre but unfortunately they were close to the end of the course so I only got three weeks out of that! After the last session I had to find another class as boxercise was doing the trick, the pounds were dropping and they were dropping fast! Smiles all round!!! I went and googled local boxing classes and came up with All Stars Boxing Club: http://www.allstars-gym.co.uk/history.htm ..........

To be continued.........

P.S.

Deep breathe for those of you who are always like, Farah your fine your not over weight you look great! I was and here’s the proof! Please see below my first weigh-in slip it’s emotional and still makes me feel hot now!lol! Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Farah you have such a way with words!! :D Loving your blog, it's actually interesting cos it's so funny!

    Keep em coming and good luck with the classes. Going to go measure my BMI soon now you have me intrigued! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your blog! I hope you keep us all posted! I too am on weight watchers and have a blog! check it out and lets keep tabs on eachother!

    missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAaaaahhh thanx guys!I'll keep you posted and will definitely follow you!:)

    ReplyDelete